- 1. This "John Wylie" is referred to as 'No. 2' or Jr. in manuscript by R. G. Boatright. The pedigree found in 'World Family Tree' Vol. 3, #5321 shows another (John III). This difference could well be explained by a note in R. G. Boatright's manuscript: "Mrs. J. H. Campbell, of Plattsburg, MO, formerly Elizabeth Irene Wylie, a granddaughter of Carey Allen Wylie, says that John Wylie (Jr) had several children by a previous marriage, one of whom she remembers
quite well. His name was SAMUEL WYLIE and he lived, many years ago, at Rushville, Missouri, near St. Joseph.
2. Date of death estimated based on date of Deed in which John's daughter, Elizabeth (Wylie) Thompson, transfers her part of John's estate to her brothers, David and Harvey Wylie.
3. From Notes by RG Boatright:
"...In a letter from my Aunt Ellen Ballard (re Wylie #30), dated February 1, 1928, she gave me the birth/death dates of her siblings....She also made this statement: 'My great-grandmother Wylie was coming over from Ireland and she died on the trip and was buried at sea.' This clarifies the matter concerning the wife of John Wylie (#1) and also establishes the birth place of John #1 and also his children, John Jr, Peter, Alex and Thomas who all came into Kentucky from Virginia in 1785."
1. Author: Robert C. Tussey, Jr., Lexington, KY Title: World Family Tree vol. 3, #5321 Repository: Marriage to Christina
2. Title: Madison Co., KY Marriage Records (Marriage to Sarah McWilliams) Text: Madison Co., KY Marriage Records
3. Title: "Madison County, Kentucky Marriage Records" Repository:
Source for all above: David Jones, Rootsweb