- "The Hurst Family" by Patrick Pearsey
"ABSALOM was born 1821 in Putnam Co IN / or Tennessee13, and died July 10, 1848 in Santa Fe NM - Mexican War14. He married ORLENA JANE DOBBS 15 October 18, 1839 in Polk Co MO, daughter of JOEL DOBBS and SARAH MORGAN.
Notes for ABSALOM HURST:
Absolom died in the Mexican-American war in 1847 or 1848.. He was buried somewhere in New Mexico. Date is also listed as November 1, 1847.
Children of ABSALOM HURST and ORLENA DOBBS are:
39. i. ELIJAH WILLIAM14 HURST, b. June 01, 1841; d. November 30, 1888, Green County Missouri. He married SARAH "SALLY" A. CASS December 24, 1857 in Greene County, Missouri.
40. ii. JOEL THOMAS HURST, b. June 10, 1842, Polk County, MO; d. September 21, 1910, Everton, Dade County, MO. He married EMILY BELLE HAYS22 May 20, 1871 in Greene CO, Missouri23, daughter of PLEASANT HAYS and ELIZABETH HENDRICK.
41. iii. LAFAYETTE HURST, b. March 23, 1844; d. January 05, 1928, MO.
iv. JAMES K. POLK HURST, b. January 14, 1846, Polk Co, Missouri; d. December 28, 1922, MO16; m. MARTHA C. KELLEY, November 1867.
Notes for JAMES K. POLK HURST:
James was buried in Turkey Creek Cemetery, Polk Co., MO
42. v. ABSALOM CLARKSON HURST , JR., b. 1848, Dade Co. Mo."
Source for additional children's information: http://www.geocities.com/aboldger/dat73.htm#6 (Hurst Nation)